LOS ANGELES — It’s on!
Two-time world title challenger Jose Zepeda (36-2, 28 KOs) and former WBA junior welterweight champion Regis Prograis (27–1, 23 KOs) made weight for their vacant WBC 140-pound championship bout on Friday afternoon.
The scheduled 12-round main event will be televised live on Saturday via FITE TV and PPV.com from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
Zepeda, of La Puente, California, weighed in at 139.4 pounds, while Prograis, a New Orleans native fighting out of Houston, Texas, came in at 139 on the nose.
In the 10-round chief support, Yokasta “Yoka” Valle (26-2, 9 KOs) moves up in weight to challenge two-belt junior flyweight titlist Evelin Bermudez (17-0-1, 6 KOs). Valle, a Nicaragua native based in Costa Rica, who holds a strawweight world title, weighed in at 107.4 pounds. Argentina's Bermudez came in at 106 pounds.
Also on the main card, undefeated 2016 U.S. Olympian Charles Conwell (17-0, 13 KOs) takes on Juan Carlos Abreu (154.2) (25-6-1, 23 KOs) in a ten-rounder at junior middleweight. Conwell checked in at 153.9, while his opponent initially came in overweight. Abreu weighed 154.2 pounds but removed all of his clothes to come in at 154.
In addition, 2020 Olympic gold medalist Bakhodir Jalolov (11-0, 11 KOs) meets Curtis Harper (14-8, 9 KOs in a ten-rounder at heavyweight.
Get THE Zepeda vs Prograis fight card and stay tuned for weigh-in results below.
Zepeda vs Prograis fight card
- Jose Zepeda vs. Regis Prograis 12 rounds, junior welterweight – vacant WBC junior welterweight title
- Evelyn Nazarena Bermudez vs. Yokasta Valle, 10 rounds, light flyweight – WBC and WBO junior flyweights
- Charles Conwell vs. Juan Carlos Abreu, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
- Bakhodir Jalolov vs. Curtis Harper, 10 rounds, heavyweights
- Fernando Vargas Jr vs. Alejandro Martinez, 6 rounds, junior middleweights